Marketed to adults who want tasty cereals without the guilt, Magic Spoon is low-carb, low-sugar, and guilt-free – all while being available in flavors like peanut butter, cocoa, and cinnamon roll.
Is Magic Spoon cereal good? Should you buy Magic Spoon cereal? Keep reading to find out more in our Magic Spoon review.
What is Magic Spoon?
Magic Spoon is a cereal brand specializing in low-carb, high-protein, tasty cereal.
Ordinary cereals are high in carbs and sugar, making them a less popular option for adults. Magic Spoon, however, aims to change that and make cereal cool for adults again.
Each serving of Magic Spoon contains 13 to 14g of protein and 4g of net carbs. Plus, Magic Spoon has 0g of sugar, including no cane sugar, corn syrup, or sugar alcohols. You can shop for flavors like frosted, blueberry muffin, fruity, peanut butter, and cocoa.
Why did we grow up – but our cereal didn’t? Magic Spoon aims to answer that question by providing a grown-up version of cereal you can enjoy without guilt.
In addition to offering individual cereal boxes, Magic Spoon also offers bundles, variety packs, and cereal bars.
Magic Spoon Features & Benefits
You have plenty of options for cereal. Magic Spoon aims to differentiate itself from the competition with all of the following features and benefits:
- High Protein: Magic Spoon contains 13g of complete protein per serving (or 14g, depending on your variety).
- Gluten-Free: Magic Spoon has no gluten ingredients.
- Grain-Free: Magic Spoon is free of wheat, rice, and soy.
- Natural Flavors: Magic Spoon is flavored naturally with no artificial colors or sweeteners.
- 0g of Sugar: There’s no sugar in Magic Spoon cereal, and there is no cane sugar, corn syrup, or sugar alcohols.
- Natural Colors: Magic Spoon cereal has some unique colors, but those colors come from natural ingredients instead of synthetic food dyes. Magic Spoon uses turmeric extract and spirulina extract, for example, for yellow and green colors.
- Low Carb: Magic Spoon contains 4 to 5g of net carbs per serving, making it a keto-friendly cereal.
- Transparent Ingredients: Magic Spoon discloses all ingredients upfront. Although specific ingredients vary between cereals, the company uses a milk protein blend, sweetener blend, oil blend, tapioca starch, natural flavors, and natural coloring agents (like turmeric and spirulina extract) to create its unique varieties and flavors.
- Keto-Friendly: Magic Spoon is designed to be keto-friendly, and the cereal is popular among keto dieters. Because there are 4 to 5g of carbs per serving and 0.5 to 1.5g of saturated fats (from sunflower oil and avocado oil), Magic Spoon can easily fit your daily keto macros. In fact, the creators of Magic Spoon were motivated to develop the cereal after struggling to find any other keto-friendly cereals.
- Popular with Kids and Adults: Magic Spoon is primarily marketed to adults who want healthy cereal. However, cereal is popular among both kids and adults. The manufacturer of Magic Spoon claims kids will love eating the cereal instead of other “healthy” cereals.
- Healthier than Traditional Cereal: Magic Spoon is marketed as a healthy cereal for adults. It has significantly more protein, significantly fewer carbs, and substantially less sugar than popular brands of cereal. Plus, it’s the only major cereal brand that’s grain-free and gluten-free.
Froot Loops, for example, contain 2g of protein, 30g of carbs, and 11g of sugar per serving, while Frosted Flakes contain 1g of protein, 32g of carbs, and 13g of sugar per serving. Magic Spoon is healthy by comparison, with 13 to 14g of protein, 4 to 5g of net carbs, and 0g of sugar.
Where Did the Carbs and Sugar Go?
Most cereals contain high levels of carbs and sugar. So, where do the carbs and sugar go in Magic Spoon? How does the company make tasty cereal with 4 to 5g of carbs and 0g of sugar per serving?
Here’s how Magic Spoon explains the formulation process:
“We spent over a year working through hundreds of formulations in a quest to recreate our favorite childhood cereals without the junk.”
Eventually, the company found a way to include all the good stuff adults want – like protein and healthy fats – without carbs and sugar.
Magic Spoon Reviews: What Do Customers Say?
Magic Spoon is receiving strong reviews online. It’s popular among keto dieters, health-conscious people, and adults looking to recapture the magic of their youth, among others.
Here are some of the reviews and thoughts from customers, according to the official website:
- Most customers agree the formulas are very tasty, and many customers like the diverse flavor options available
- Others like Magic Spoon for being keto-friendly; the low-carb, high-protein mix is ideal for incorporating into a keto diet.
- Others like Magic Spoon more than protein powders and protein shakes, claiming they feel more satisfied after a bowl of Magic Spoon cereal than they usually would after a protein shake.
- Some use Magic Spoon as a post-workout supplement, giving your body the protein, amino acids, and other ingredients it needs to start rebuilding muscle after a workout.
- Most customers agree that the Magic Spoon cereals aren’t too sweet, nor do they have a sickly sweet flavor associated with some alternative sweeteners; instead, they provide good flavors with 0 sugar content.
- Some customers were disappointed with Magic Spoon’s new lineup of cereal bars, claiming they lacked the flavor and texture of other cereal bars.
Overall, Magic Spoon reviewers are happy with the product and the flavor, praising Magic Spoon for offering a healthy alternative to traditional cereals. Whether using it to complement an active lifestyle or searching for a midday snack, you can use Magic Spoon to recapture some of the magic of your youth.
Magic Spoon Flavor Packs
Magic Spoon offers eight flavor packs, including:
- Peanut Butter
- Cookies & Cream
- Cinnamon Roll
- Maple Waffle
- Blueberry Muffin
You can also buy a pre-selected variety pack with Magic Spoon’s most popular flavors. Or, you can mix and match the flavors you like to create your own variety pack.
Magic Spoon Nutrition Facts
Specific ingredients and nutrient values vary between formulas. However, here’s what you get with an average serving (1 cup or 38g) of Magic Spoon, based on the Fruity variety:
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 8g (1g of saturated fat)
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbs: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Sugar: 0g
- Calcium: 19mg (2% DV)
- Iron: 2mg (10% DV)
- Potassium: 19mg (0% DV)
- Vitamin D: 0mcg (0% DV)
Ingredients: milk protein blend (casein and whey protein concentrate), sweetener blend (allulose, monk fruit extract, and stevia extract), oil blend (high oleic sunflower oil and avocado oil), tapioca starch, inulin (from chicory root and/or agave), natural flavor, salt, turmeric extract, spirulina extract, and vegetable juice (for color).
Magic Spoon distinguishes between total carbs and net carbs. Although there are 15g of carbs per serving, that number includes 1g of fiber and 9g of allulose, leaving you with 5g of net carbs. Because fiber and natural sweeteners like allulose do not affect your blood sugar, Magic Spoon removes them to get “net carbs,” which are the active carbs affecting your body.
Magic Spoon Pricing
Magic Spoon is priced at around $39 per case. Each case is four individual boxes, and each individual box contains five servings (5 bowls) of cereal. You can also buy a 6-pack case.
Here’s how pricing breaks down:
- 4-Pack: $39 ($1.95 per bowl)
- 6-Pack: $54 ($1.80 per bowl)
You can mix and match different flavors, choose from the most popular flavors, or buy all one flavor, among other options.
Magic Spoon also offers a subscribe and save option. If you sign up for a Magic Spoon subscription, then you save 25% off your purchase.
Magic Spoon Cereal Bars
Magic Spoon recently launched a lineup of cereal bars in two options: Cocoa PB and Cookies & Cream. You can buy single-box options or a variety pack.
- Single Flavor Packs (Cocoa PB or Cookies & Cream): $39 ($2.44 per bar)
- Flavor Combo Pack (Cocoa PB and Cookies & Cream): $39 ($2.44 per bar)
Each box contains 16 cereal bars. You can subscribe and save to drop 25% off the price of your order.
Each Magic Spoon cereal bar contains 1g of total sugars, 4g of net carbs, and 10g of protein. The company has designed the cereal bars to be tasty, crunchy, and packable while high in protein and low in carbs.
Magic Spoon Refund Policy
Magic Spoon has different refund policies depending on the item you ordered. You can contact the company to initiate the refund process at:
New customers can receive a refund on their first 4-pack case in full
Magic Spoon does not provide refunds on six or 8-pack cases of cereal, which is why they recommend ordering 4-pack cases to start
Returning customers can get a refund on up to 2 boxes of new flavors of cereal; if you don’t like a new flavor, you can request a refund within six months.
New and existing customers can try Magic Spoon’s bars and qualify for a refund on their first order of one case (4 packs of bars) if they don’t like them.
Magic Spoon does not provide refunds for bowls, spoons, and other non-food-related items.
About Magic Spoon
Magic Spoon is a New York City-based company. Greg and Gabi co-founded the company, two friends who met at college and had previously started a business together (they call themselves “cereal” entrepreneurs for that reason).
Greg and Gabi grew up eating cereal every morning for breakfast. As adults, they struggled to find a healthy cereal with the same magic, addictive quality as the cereal they ate when younger. After dealing with sugary, carb-heavy cereals for years, they decided to create an alternative.
You can contact Magic Spoon, Inc. via the following:
- Contact Page: https://magicspoon.com/pages/contact
- Mailing Address: 117 Hudson St. Fl 2, New York, NY 10013
Magic Spoon is changing the cereal game with a lineup of keto-friendly, low-carb, high-protein varieties.
The goal of Magic Spoon is to help adults recapture the joy of eating tasty cereal they experienced when they were younger. Today, Magic Spoon cereals are popular with both kids and adults.
To learn more about Magic Spoon or buy the company’s cereal online today, visit the official website at MagicSpoon.com >>>
- Yoga Burn Coffee Ignite Reviews: Does It Work for Real Customer Results?
- Java Burn Reviews: Does It Work? Important Information Exposed!
- Review the Top 27 Best Healthy Coffee Products & Brands (2022)
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team. Please know we only recommend high-quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely substitutes for sound medical or financial advice from a licensed healthcare provider or certified financial advisor. Make sure to consult with a professional physician or financial consultant before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed as the statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA, or Health Canada approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and do not provide any kind of get-rich money scheme. Reviewer is not responsible for pricing inaccuracies. Check product sales page for final prices.