The annual Leaders Banquet and Business Recognition Awards, organized each year by Greater Grays Harbor Inc., took place on Oct. 18 at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino in Ocean Shores.
At the banquet, four local businesses, one non-profit and one individual were recognized after being selected by community members prior to the event. Award recipients included:
• Small Business of the Year: The Jitter House
• New Business of the Year: Mount Olympus Brewing
• Nonprofit of the Year: Coastal Community Action Program
• Large Business of the Year: Timberland Bank
• Business of the Year: Ocean Spray Cranberries
• Ambassador of the Year: Chris Vessey.
GGHI’s yearly banquet also serves as an opportunity for local community members to donate to the Greater Grays Harbor Foundation. This 501(c)3 organization is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurship and career opportunities for high school students in Grays Harbor. With the support of community members, more than $43,000 in scholarships have been awarded since 2015.
“Our annual gala allows us to recognize and celebrate the many achievements of the award recipients,” states Dru Garson, GGHI CEO. “We also wouldn’t be able to assist local programs such as Aberdeen Rotary Business Week, Grays Harbor Youth Works and Skills USA or continue the functions of our nonprofit organization without the support of attendees at this event.”